Monday, September 17, 2018

I'll Call You Back


I'll Call You Back

by Dexter Valles
You must already be on a rapid thought train, no sooner did you read this title !
Ive used it often enough, but also paused to ask when it would be ok to do so.
I have I must admit, on the rare occasion forgotten to do so.

I wonder what your experiences are with this ? You and others who have said this to you.

Did you call back or get called back quickly enough ? Was it genuine ? Did you feel brushed off ? Was it a power play ? What could you have responded in the surprise of that moment; rather than "Uh Okay" ?
I have had this used to me right at the start and also down the middle of a call. Funnily enough some callers have said this no sooner than they called me !
A variety of experiences accompany this response. More often than not, I've not been called back, leaving me to wonder if I should have spent the time waiting for that call back. Not only that, but some folks have not called back for days thereafter. Maybe it would have been better to say "I've got to go now. Cant say when I can call back. Do excuse me"

Or just ask "When would it be okay to call you back ?" Or "How else can we connect later?" Or anything that could urge you to resume that relationship moment.
Yes, these and other such, are relationship moments. Which invisibly define the relationship.
Because how you come around to "calling back"  or not calling back, lets others know something about you, which helps them decide their time with you. In small invisible unconscious steps.
So when you next say "I'll call you back" what are you really saying ? And if its being said to you....what can you ask to know where you stand ?
I'll call you back. If you know what I mean.


No comments:

Post a Comment